Thursday, January 17, 2008

Josh Blogs!

Ok, so I have finally gotten around to doing my first blog. Was it worth the wait? Probably not. Anyway, so here goes:

On Tuesday, Golden and I decided to make the trip up to Calgary - I needed to get my shoulder checked by my Auntie (I possibly have a hairline fracture in it after battling a sleuth of grizzlies), and Golden needed to buy some underwear to add to his current collection.....of two (someone stole the rest out of the dryer at the YWCA - who does that?).

We got up bright and early and caught the Greyhound bus. Unfortunately I wasn't awake enough to remember to take photos at this point. But don't worry, I expertly photshopped an excellent representation of how it looked.

(Picture to scale.....they just have really small buses in Canada)


So, first things first. We did some a little shopping at Sears.


We then took a leisurely stroll around the city. That's the Calgary Tower in the background. And if you look closely you can see down the end of the carpark a police car which we didn't realise was in the photo at the time. On closer inspection two guys were getting arrested - ahhh what a lovely city.


Anyway, as you can see, our trip to Calgary was fast becoming boring, and you're probably thinking "for the love of God, don't let Josh post again". So to make this trip (and blog) a little more interesting, Golden and I decided we needed......an adventure!




As many of you know, we quite regularly frequent the fine restuarant Nando's up in the Ivanhoe shops. We had previously been told there was one Nando's in Calgary, so we set about to find it.


Golden checked out the map to help find the best way to get there.




He decided it would be fastest by cheetah.

As you can see, it turned out the cheetah was more interested in Golden's neck. But this kind man was nice enough to give us a ride.

At this point of the story I fell asleep and woke up in this spiffy new suit and hat, Golden had somehow regrown a neck and gotten us a car (apparently the deal for the day was rent a car and get one free Neil Patrick Harris).

Luckily for us our buddy Neil knew where Nando's was, so without further ado, I present:






Looked slightly more up-market than our Nando's at home. Much nicer inside.



Mmm YUM! One of the best meals I've had in Canada - mine was the two on the left.

How would I compare it you ask? Welllllll it was gooooood, but not quite the same. The bun was more like a tougher roll, and it didn't quite have the melt in your mouth deliciousness.




Ok, Ok, so maybe our story wasn't that cool, I guess we only really caught a train, waited at a shopping centre, got picked up by my auntie and got driven to nando's:




Oh but we are quite the bargain hunters, we went to the $1 shop and bought all this stuff for $16:


A few more random photos on the way back to the bus terminal:




All in all it was a fun day. The Nando's definitely made it worth it (oh and by the way I didn't end up getting my shoulder checked by my Auntie, I spent the whole time with her eating Nando's and then she had to go to work). Ahh well, what's medical attention when there's a delicious burger to eat.





JOSH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHA that's hilarious josh!

but... errr... what's with the dolmio grin?

Ben said...

No way man. NPH would never do that.

Anonymous said...

errrr NPH...?

Anonymous said...

Holly crap.
They have cheetahs in Canada now?